Students & Parents
- Our “Home Based” classes are once a week, for an hour at a time. Students are signed up by parents or themselves for a semester; Spring or Fall, which are both 13 weeks long.
- Riders must be at least 4 years old.
- LoveWay has a weight limit of 180 pounds.
- Before getting into the program, riders will have to participate in a trial ride to ensure that they are a good candidate for therapeutic riding and meet the requirements of PATH Intl.
- A PATH Certified Instructor will oversee every class. Our qualified Instructors have gone through numerous trainings and are held to the highest standards.
- Long pants are required; shorts or skirts are not permitted for the comfort of the rider.
- Closed toed shoes are a must; boots with a heel are preferred. Sandals, flip-flops, clogs, or crocs are not allowed in our barn area.
- Dress for the weather, layering is always a good idea!
Getting into the Program
- There are two forms required for all riders. One is the rider application; the second is our doctor’s physical form. The application is to be filled out by a parent or legal guardian. The physical form needs to be completed by a physician.
- Forms must be COMPLETELY filled out to be accepted. Make sure that you have given all information that is applicable.
- When you have both forms completed you can send (email, fax, or mail) them to the Program Manager and you will be placed on our waiting list. The Program Manager will place riders into a class of similar diagnosis’ and ability levels. Amount of time spent on the waiting list can vary depending on program/placement availability. Once a spot opens up that would be a great fit for your rider, you will be contacted about dates and times.
- LoveWay “Waiting List” Policy
- An application must be submitted to be placed on the waiting list.
- All applications will be held for a maximum period of one calendar school year.
- New applications may be submitted prior to the start of the calendar school year.
- All calls received by LoveWay for possible class placement MUST be returned in order to remain on waiting list.
- LoveWay charges $20 per lesson. (Total price per 13 week semester = $260) Payments are accepted in two increments of $130. You will be invoiced your amount due.
- Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted.
- LoveWay offers scholarships if it is needed. Contact the office for more information.