Why Advanced Horsemanship?
Advanced Horsemanship empowers individuals of middle school age and above for their future, by providing the essential building blocks needed for future employment and independent living through experiences with their horses. Employment for individuals with disabilities is a critical part of community inclusion. Securing and maintaining employment requires life, social, and employment skillsets to be in place. These skills are essential for future independence and the empowerment of individuals with disabilities!
Session Topic Examples
- Active listening
- Applications do’s and don’ts
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication
- Dress codes
- Differences between school and work
- First impressions
- Getting to know co-workers (appropriate vs inappropriate topics)
- Integrity and honesty
- My rights as an employee
- Office etiquette
- Problem-solving skills
- And more!
How To Apply!
We partner with over 16 different classrooms (elementary, middle, and high schools) to bring their life skills, mixed ability, or intensive intervention classes to LoveWay during the day to experience the benefits of our Advanced Horsemanship program. To inquire about availability for your classroom, please follow the steps below.
1. Complete the online interest form and our Program Coordinator will be in touch with you!
In an effort to serve students regardless of where they live or what school they attend, LoveWay also offers a home-based program for families outside of the school. There is often a waitlist for LoveWay services, and admittance isn’t necessarily on a first-come, first-serve basis. We intentionally place students to maximize the benefits received from our classes. Start the enrollment process below!
1. Complete the online application.
2. Ask your doctor to complete our physician form and submit it to LoveWay.
3. Once all forms are received, LoveWay’s Program Coordinator will contact you.