School Based – Teachers & Parents
● Our “School Based” classes are once a week, for an hour and a half at a time. Students are signed up by their school and teacher for a semester; Spring or Fall, which are both 12 weeks long.
● Riders must be at least 4 years old.
● LoveWay’s weight limit is dependent on the current horse availability.
● Before getting into the program, riders will have to participate in a trial ride to ensure that they are a good candidate for therapeutic riding and meet the requirements of PATH Intl.
● A PATH Certified Instructor will oversee every class. Our qualified Instructors have gone through numerous trainings and are held to the highest standards.
● Long pants are required; shorts or skirts are not permitted for the comfort of the rider.
● Closed toed shoes are a must; boots with a heel are preferred. Sandals, flip-flops, clogs, or crocs are not allowed in our barn area.
● Dress for the weather, layering is always a good idea!
Getting into the Program
● There are two forms required for all riders.
○ Rider application – needs to be filled out by the parent or legal guardian.
○ Doctor’s physical form – needs to be completed by a physician.
● Forms must be COMPLETELY filled out to be accepted. Make sure that you have given all information that is applicable.
● When you have both forms completed you turn them into your teacher for submission to LoveWay. Doctors forms may be faxed directly to LoveWay or turned into your teacher.
Classes we serve from Elkhart Community schools:
● Eastwood Elementary
● Cleveland Elementary
● Riverview Elementary
● Beck Elementary
Classes we serve from Wa-Nee schools:
● Nappanee Elementary
Classes we serve from Goshen Community Schools:
● Prairie View Elementary
Classes we serve from Concord Community Schools:
● Concord Intermediate
● Concord South Side
● Ox Bow Elementary
Classes we serve from Lewis Cass in MI:
● Brookside Elementary
Other places we serve:
● Five Little Stones
To request that your school be added to our waiting list please contact:
● Program Manager: (574) 825-5666 or [email protected]