Through leadership opportunities and awards, members of the LoveWay team have been recognized for their commitment to providing the best therapeutic equestrian experiences to participants with special needs.
LoveWay Executive Director, Shelley Becker, has been recognized as the Region 4 Credentialed Professional of the Year through the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.). Additionally, Brooke Archer, an instructor and development associate at LoveWay, has been chosen to serve as the Indiana state co-chair for PATH Intl.
Shelley was honored at the 2021 Region 4 Conference on June 4. The staff at LoveWay nominated Shelley for her compassion and respect for participants, exceptional leadership qualities, spirit of collaboration and the team environment she has built through the past few years.
The LoveWay team was especially grateful for Shelley’s leadership through the pandemic, when she invested time and effort into launching “LoveWay’s Barn Buddies” a virtual program so participants could still receive compassionate equestrian experiences through LoveWay when they could not attend classes in-person.
“We see how much Shelley pours her heart into LoveWay and we wanted to see her recognized for that,” Brooke said.
Brooke, was chosen to serve as an Indiana State Co-Chair for PATH’s Region 4.
As a PATH Intl. representative, Brooke helps bring the state level voices to the region. This includes facilitating open conversation among PATH Intl. Certified Instructors and regional educational opportunities.
Brooke joined the LoveWay staff in winter of 2020. Originally from Katonah, New York, Brooke has more than 15 years of lesson and horse show experience. Before joining LoveWay, Brooke served as a full-time therapeutic riding instructor at a center in Michigan.
PATH Intl. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International) leads the advancement of professional equine-assisted services by supporting their members and stake holders through rigorously developed standards, credentialing and education. This ensures safety and optimal outcomes in equine-assisted activities and therapies for individuals with special needs, including the ones offered at LoveWay.
LoveWay is a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center, a distinction that means LoveWay’s programs and staff adhere to the highest standards of safety and professionalism. PATH Intl. accreditation is a voluntary process that LoveWay participates in every five years to demonstrates its commitment to delivering the best possible services to local community schools and families.
LoveWay is one of 258 therapeutic riding centers in the country with Premier status, and one of just seven in the state of Indiana.
PATH Intl. Core Values
- Access and inclusion: Promoting diversity and opportunity in equine assisted activities
- Compassion and caring: Providing a culture of safety, understanding, and ethical treatment of humans and horses engaged in equine-assisted activities
- Cooperation and collaboration: Connecting and partnering with those who share the PATH Intl. vision in a mutually beneficial manner
- Education: Sharing valued knowledge with our constituents to facilitate their success
- Excellence: Promoting quality in all undertakings
- Innovation: Encouraging and supporting creativity, inquiry and cutting-edge research
- Integrity and accountability: Ensuring that all business is based on ethical principles and conducted with transparency
- Professionalism: Enhancing the value and credibility of the industry
- Service: Providing effective and responsive information and programs to our constituents
- Holism: Promoting an awareness of body, mind and spirit in equine-assisted activities and therapies