Equine Assisted Services
Our equine assisted services empower individuals with disabilities by teaching horsemanship skills.
What are Equine Assisted Services?
Participants learn horsemanship and riding skills in an environment individually tailored to their specific needs and learning styles. We offer instruction to individuals of all skill levels, from providing someone’s first contact with a horse to advanced independent riders. Learn more about the equine assisted services that we offer below!
Potential Benefits of Equine Assisted Services
- Improved balance
- Whole-body coordination
- Improved fine and gross motor skills
- Increase in strength and flexibility
- Increased circulation
- More efficient digestion
- Improved posture
- Improved expressiveness in speech and language
- Increased attention span and memory retention
- Increased sensory and spatial awareness
- Enhanced sense of personal responsibility and integrity
- Increased confidence
- Many riders experience joy in taking care of another creature
- Friendships with horses and volunteers
- Team Work
- Working with, under, and as an authority
- Improved personal interactions – the formation of emotional and social bonds
Who is eligible for Equine Assisted Services?
LoveWay serves anyone with a diagnosed disability; physical, cognitive, emotional, or social. Some disabilities served include: